Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd February 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||17th February 1961|
|Next episode||24th February 1961|
Mary Stubbs, the rent collector for the landlord of the Street, tells Ida that the residents are being offered the option to buy their houses for £200 each. She is interested and wonders how to persuade Frank. She's delighted to find that he's already made his own enquiries. Mary tells Elsie that someone's going to be looking over No.9. She tells her about Linda and Ivan's interest and asks her not to let the house go. Elsie asks Albert's advice on the difference between a decree nisi and a decree absolute as she's been to her solicitor to sort out her divorce. Frank tells Ida they can't afford the house with the present shortage of wages coming into the house. Billy takes Doreen to the Luxy but when they go to Jackson's Chip Shop she's more interested in Joe. Linda visits Elsie to see if she's done anything about No.9. She hears about the divorce. Elsie is curious about the mysterious box Dennis has under his bed but he refuses to tell her. Frank tells Ida he'll get builder Bert Driver to look over the house and assess it. Christine asks Joe about Doreen's interest in him and is offended when he mentions Malcolm Wilkinson. Esther offers to cook Albert a hot meal to stop him living off tinned goods. Florrie finds out it's Harry's birthday tomorrow and she puts aside a chicken to make a surprise meal for him.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Doreen - Angela Crow
- Sheila - Eileen Mayers
- Joe Makinson - Brian Rawlinson
- Mary Stubbs - Joy Stewart
- Fred Jackson - Joe Gladwin
- Mary Jackson - Barbara Ashcroft
- Coronation Street exterior
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jackson's Chip Shop
- Ida Barlow states that they have lived at 3 Coronation Street for eighteen years but it was later established that Ken Barlow was born in the house in 1939.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,168,000 homes (chart placing unknown). This was the first episode of the programme to reach No.1 in the chart in a single region. The region in question was the Northern region, covered by Granada Television, with a 72% share being achieved. The first episode of the programme to reach No.1 nationally was Episode 73 on 23rd August 1961.
|February 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Wed 8th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th|