Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th May 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||Jonathan Wright Miller|
|Previous episode||3rd May 1982|
|Next episode||10th May 1982|
Betty is in Weatherfield General. Bet rushes to her side. Fred is furious that she was a victim. Ivy has told Brian that Gail is back at work. He rings Gail and rows with her. Betty has a broken arm and a battered face. She tried to fight the muggers for her handbag but they kicked her. Eddie is furious to discover Stan didn't pass on Marion's message and she thinks he stood her up. Deirdre visits Betty in hospital and is sickened when Ken still refuses to tell the police about Raymond Attwood. Eddie lays into Stan for ruining his chances with Marion. Marion forgives him. Gail refuses to hold the fort at the cafe alone and threatens to walk out when she does. Deirdre tells the police about Attwood's new found wealth. Eddie tells Marion he has been in prison. She tells him it makes no difference to her. He builds up enough courage to suggest they get engaged. She agrees.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- Weatherfield General - Corridor and Ward 2
- On the day that this episode was transmitted, the new outdoor set was officially opened during the afternoon by Her Majesty the Queen, accompanied by Prince Philip. Escorted by David Plowright, the chairman of Granada Television, all of the regular members of the cast were assembled outside their respective "homes" with Johnny Briggs, Elizabeth Dawn and Helene Palmer stood outside the newly completed No.7. All of the cast were dressed "in character" although avoiding some of the more "down at heel" look that some of them would normally have e.g. Hilda Ogden was not wearing her curlers. The visit was broadcast live on ITV and was the first time that the set had been shown on television. Within the programme proper it would make its debut on 7th June.
- TV Times synopsis: What's the shock news that sends Bet Lynch to the local hospital?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,150,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|May 1982 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|