Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th May 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||12th May 1982|
|Next episode||19th May 1982|
The factory girls find they have an extra £4 in their wage packets. Eddie breaks the Ogdens' old armchair by sitting on it. Maggie Dunlop calls on Mike with flowers - he is delighted to see her. Eddie and Stan try to repair the chair before Hilda sees it. Hilda returns home to see Eddie sawing up the chair leg. Mike tells Maggie he wants her - she is pleased.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Betty Turpin (Betty Driver) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: The factory girls wonder why extra cash turns up in their pay packets. What will Hilda Ogden say when she finds Eddie Yeats has broken her chair?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,550,000 viewers (2nd place).
|May 1982 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|