Eddie repairs the chair. Maggie Dunlop causes a stir at the factory by having a look round. The factory girls get another £4 in their pay packets but they don't know if it's a mistake or a bonus. Alf sits on the Ogdens' armchair and breaks it. Hilda is ashamed and gets Stan to throw the chair out. Emily looks for a job. The girls decide not to tell Mike about the extra £4 until he finds out. Hilda tells Stan that she wants a three piece suite on Hire Purchase. Kathy Barrett makes the mistake of thanking a puzzled Mike for the rise.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Betty Turpin (Betty Driver) is credited but doesn't appear. This was due to the actress suffering a dislocated hip as rehearsals began for this and the previous episode.
- See Matthew Robinson's user blog for contemporary notes on this making of this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Maggie Dunlop seems very interested in Mike Baldwin - and his business. Why does the Ogdens' mended chair shame Hilda?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,100,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 1982 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|