|ITV transmission date||26th May 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||24th May 1982|
|Next episode||31st May 1982|
Sharon runs away from her long-term foster parents. She tells the Faircloughs that she wants to return to them. Hilda is angry and ashamed that they were refused Hire Purchase. Ivy is thrilled to win a ticket to see the Pope in Heaton Park. Mrs Fletcher, a customer, gives Eddie £5 to take her old suite away. Eddie gets Hilda out of the way for an hour and installs the suite as a surprise. Hilda likes the suite and agrees that payment will be a week's free lodgings for Eddie. Vera discovers that Kathy Barrett told Mike about the extra £4's and makes her cry by rowing with her. Emily defends Kathy and angrily lays into a surprised Vera. Maggie Dunlop checks up on Mike before telling him that she's interested in going out with him.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Kathy Barrett - Cheryl Prime (Credited as "Kathy Barratt")
- Maggie Dunlop - Jill Kerman
- Donald Worthington - Brian Capron
- Mrs Fletcher - Marlene Sidaway
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and yard
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Donald Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30 pm to make way for live coverage of the European Cup Final.
- This was the final episode of the programme to include location shots filmed on the Grape Street set which had been in use since being built in brick in November 1969, albeit the shots were only of the Ginnel and not the frontage. The set continued to be seen in the title sequence until Episode 2209 on 2nd June. In the following episode the last shot of the titles were changed to show the new set which also made its location filming debut in that episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Len and Rita Fairclough take back Sharon Gaskell for long-term fostering? Eddie Yeats and Stan Ogden use the window cleaning cart to transport a surprise for Stan's wife Hilda.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,600,000 viewers (4th place).
|May 1982 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|