Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th June 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||2nd June 1982|
|Next episode||9th June 1982|
Sharon helps Len complete the new house. Vera brings a cat into the factory to keep the mice down. She calls her Cleopatra. Mike is furious to find clawed denim and blames the cat. Eddie tells Len that he's interested in buying No.7 for himself and Marion. Len tells him that it will cost £14,000. Ken warns Deirdre that they could have twins if she becomes pregnant. Jack's car tax is three months overdue and he needs £40 to renew it. Cleopatra knocks Emily's coffee cup over her accounts. Rita decides she wants No.7 for herself and Len.
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran (Credited as "Marian Willis")
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The new outdoor set made its debut in this episode after being officially opened by Her Majesty the Queen on 5th May. For the first time since the 1960s (when occasional painted backdrops were used), viewers could see Rosamund Street.
- In tandem with this change, the new 7 Coronation Street also made its debut from the outside, no attempt having been made to show the progress of the building of the house on the old Grape Street set. This was the first time scenes had been set around a house on this site since its previous version's collapse in Episode 492 on 30th August 1965.
- As the new outdoor set had made its debut, a minor change was made to the title sequence from this episode onwards with it ending on a shot of the new set, although taken from much the same angle as the shot of the Grape Street set used previously. The rest of the sequence remained unchanged.
- TV Times synopsis: What's all the fuss at the factory over Cleopatra, the girls' pet cat? Who are the secret rivals for ownership of Len Fairclough's new house?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,650,000 viewers (3rd place).
|June 1982 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|