|ITV transmission date||30th June 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Producer|| Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||28th June 1982|
|Next episode||5th July 1982|
Gail decides to give up work to look after Nicky as she realises that it was her fault in the first place. Alma finds Ken attractive. Gail gives in her notice at the cafe but helps out with the lunchtime rush. Hilda demands that her front door is finished. When Eddie tells her the paint came from the tip, she demands the house be totally repainted in purple. Bet plans a dinner party for Elsie and Rita and gets Alf to do all the cooking whilst she's working. Les Charlton asks Gail out for a drink but she says that she'll see him around. Elsie tells Marion that she's going to see Linda for a couple of days and asks her to tell everyone she's ill. Gail decides to keep working part-time.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie (Credited as "Alma Sedgwick")
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Last appearance of Alma Sedgewick until 7th November 1988.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden hits the roof when husband Stan and Eddie Yeats decide to leave the house painting unfinished. Ivy Tilsley takes exception to a decision made by Gail.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,900,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1982 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|