Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd January 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||21st January 1963|
|Next episode||28th January 1963|
Harry tires of the buses and looks around for another job. Concepta thinks it's stupid as all the local mills are closing. Emily thinks that Swindley will have to make Doreen redundant because of the lack of profits. Concepta accuses Len of disrupting Harry's life. Sheila refuses to give up the markets. Ena and Martha are amazed when Minnie becomes Jed's plant at the market in order to sell his sweaters. It doesn't work and he doesn't sell a single one. Swindley tells Emily that it is she who will have to go.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- TV Times synopsis: Jed hits the market - and Minnie plays the 'feed'
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,389,000 homes (2nd place).
|January 1963 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|