|ITV transmission date||14th July 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||12th July 1982|
|Next episode||19th July 1982|
Brian tells Gail that he doesn't like her working amongst all the lorry drivers at the cafe. Rita tells Chalkie that he could buy No.9 for cheaper than £14,000. He's interested in it for £10,500. Brian gets angry when he overhears pub-talk that Gail has been going out with lorry drivers. Chalkie looks round No.9 and likes it. He tells Rita that he'll buy it for £10,000. Rita worries what Len will say. Mike tells Maggie that he wants to get married. Les Charlton calls on Gail and is confused by Brian's presence. Brian wants to know who he is. Brian goes for him and throws him out, upsetting Gail who swears he's just a friend. Brian accuses Gail of having an affair with Les and tells her that he was unfaithful as well, with a nurse. She slaps his face.
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner (Credited as "Chalky Whitely")
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Last appearance of Bert Tilsley until 6th December 1982.
- TV Times synopsis: Someone gets a slap across the face when tempers reach boiling point in the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,000,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1982 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|