Frankie leaves Mike £3,000 and he decides to give Sylvie Hicks £500. Rita points out to Len that after estate agent's charges and tax he might as well sell No.9 instead of No.7. Len gives in and tells Rita she can have No.7. Maggie tries to dissuade Mike from giving Sylvia £500. Ivy and Gail throw a farewell party for Brian. Rita tells Chalkie that he can buy No.9. Maggie falls out with flatmate Kathy whose boyfriend is always around. Mr Slater tells Len that he'd like to buy No.7 for £13,750. Len agrees but Rita is horrified. Brian tells Gail that he's not going back to Qatar; his family is more important than money. Gail is thrilled. Mike invites Maggie to move in with him. She agrees.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner (Credited as "Chalky Whitely")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Viaduct Street
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Johnny Leeze makes a pre-Harry Clayton appearance as Mr Slater.
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley packs up to return to the Middle East, then gives wife Gail a big surprise. Mike Baldwin makes a proposition to Maggie Dunlop. How will she answer?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1982 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|