Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th July 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Pauline Shaw|
|Previous episode||26th July 1982|
|Next episode||2nd August 1982|
Hilda is upset that Maggie and Mike are living together. She accuses Maggie of letting the female sex down. Len shows the Barlows round No.7 and tries to get them to buy it. Deirdre tells him that if they wanted to move they wouldn't want another house in the Street. Len decides No.7 shouldn't be sold as no one else would appreciate it as much as him. He tells Rita that they can move in. Brian keeps out of Ron Sykes' way. Hilda tells Mike that her morals are offended by Maggie's presence but he shuts her up by offering her an extra £1 a day whilst Maggie is there. Len tells Chalkie he can definitely buy No.9. Fred owes Bookie Sammy Chadwick money and has to keep betting to pay him back. Ron tells Brian he wants to see him in the morning in Albert Street.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden's morals are outraged when she discovers that Mike Baldwin has a flat-mate. She manages to stifle her principles.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,800,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1982 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|