Mavis receives a letter from the Palace thanking her for her jumper. She worries as Harry appears to be unwell. Fred watches horse racing on Annie's TV, putting it on the bar top. "Harry" lays an egg, Mavis realises "he" must be a girl. Ron Sykes shows Brian round a garage on Albert Street. It has been empty for fifteen years and is going cheap. Ron wants to rent it and asks Brian to come into partnership with him, 60-40. Brian is interested. Mavis renames Harry "Harriet". Brian will have to invest all his money, £2,000, in the garage to make it a success. Annie is annoyed to find her TV on the bar top. Fred tells her he brought in down for a customer. Eddie tells Mavis that the egg won't hatch unless it's been fertilised. She refuses to believe him and feels it will hatch if kept warm. Sammy Chadwick turns up in the Rovers and tells Fred he owes him £85 and he's closing his credit account. He wants repaying in the morning.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room
- Albert Street
- Derelict garage
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Is barman Fred Gee heading for trouble as he sinks deeper into debt backing horses? Brian Tilsley gets in interesting proposition.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,100,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|August 1982 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|