Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th August 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Pauline Shaw|
|Previous episode||4th August 1982|
|Next episode||11th August 1982|
Brian is nervous on his first day as a boss. Len offers to look after the maintenance of the garage in return for van repairs. Alf joins the watch committee and has to clear a blue movie. A competitor, Frank Skinner, calls on Brian and tries to suss him out - he asks him to send any jobs that he can't do to him for 10% commission. Alf votes against the showing of the X-rated film and it is banned from Weatherfield. Fred panics when he discovers that Mrs Chadwick is in Blackpool with the Rover as Annie is returning in the morning.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin trick Fred Gee in to giving away a secret. It's Brian Tilsley's first day as his own boss - and he gets a proposition from a rival garage owner.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,900,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 1982 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|