Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th August 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Pauline Shaw|
|Previous episode||9th August 1982|
|Next episode||16th August 1982|
Brian gives a body repair job to Frank Skinner. Mr Wainwright, manager of the Luxy Cinema is furious that Alf has banned his film. He is interested to discover that he has a blonde barmaid living with him. Mrs Chadwick arrives and tells Fred that the Rover broke down in Wigan. Fred gets Brian to run him over to fetch it back. Wainwright gets the Gazette to call at the shop and in Alf's absence they interview Bet. She tells them how Alf took her in, despite the neighbours' gossip, and she doesn't pay rent. Brian manages to repair the Rover for Fred. Ron Sykes telephones and tells Brian that Skinner is not to be trusted. Annie decides to stay with Olive Taylor-Brown for another day. Marion's boyfriend Phil Moss turns up looking for her.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Mr Wainwright - James Tomlinson
- Mrs Chadwick - Sue Johnston (Credited as "Sue Johnstone")
- Reporter - Ian Bleasdale
- Photographer - John Jardine
- Phil Moss - Ken Kitson
- Young Boy - Steven Dermody (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- Coppice Street, Wigan
- Sue Johnston makes a pre-Gloria Price appearance as Mrs Chadwick.
- TV Times synopsis: A soldier from Ulster turns up - looking for Marion. Why is Bet getting involved with the press?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,800,000 viewers (2nd place).
|August 1982 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|