Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th January 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||28th January 1963|
|Next episode||4th February 1963|
Sheila is pleased when Jed is scared of her. The Brewery plan to send a rep round on the night of Jack's army reunion dinner but he refuses to miss it. Doreen hands in her notice so that Emily can stay, but Swindley explains that Emily has to go because she earns the most. Frank tells Ken that he's not going to be on his own for the rest of his life. Albert agrees to go to the reunion with Jack. Frank tells Elsie that he wants to ask Christine to marry him. Emily leaves Gamma Garments.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- TV Times synopsis: A parting of the ways for Miss Nugent and Mr. Swindley - and an important decision for Frank Barlow
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,393,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1963 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|