Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th September 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Pauline Shaw|
|Previous episode||22nd September 1982|
|Next episode||29th September 1982|
Marion searches everywhere for her ring. Sharon refuses to be put off Brian just because he's married. Mike is surprised that the Weatherfield factory is more efficient than the London one. Annie's wristwatch goes missing. Vera reads the time and motion report in Mike's office. She doesn't understand a word of it. Mike lets the girls think he's closing the factory before telling them they're not as efficient as the London office and the report recommends he makes redundancies. He tells them that he's not going to sack anyone if they agree to no pay rise this year and to work harder. Sharon borrows a friend's bike and punctures it. She then asks Brian to repair it. The girls thank Mike for saving their jobs. The London shop steward tells Ida that Mike is making 25% of them redundant and asks her to support them. The girls are puzzled. Brian repairs Sharon's bike, knowing that she fancies him. Eddie hears that jewellery has been stolen from the area. Milly Webster travels up from London and tells the girls that they should join forces to strike back at Mike.
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Albert Street
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Sharon Gaskell deliberately punctures a bike tyre - all in the name of love. Mike Baldwin tries to pull the wool over the eyes of the factory girls.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,800,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1982 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|