Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th October 1982 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Pauline Shaw|
|Previous episode||11th October 1982|
|Next episode||18th October 1982|
The Lowthers ask Hilda to go for an interview. Sharon is upset that Brian hasn't replied to her letter. Alf warns Fred off Joyce Lomax. Bet has to stop Fred from hitting Alf. Mrs Lowther interviews Hilda at their house - "Goldenhurst". Joyce tells Alf that he should come into partnership with her, turn his shop into an off-licence and join her chain of shops. He is interested. Sharon discovers that it's Brian's birthday. She gives him a keyring and chocolates. Brian asks her not to send him any more letters. He enjoys the attention but doesn't want to encourage her.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Joyce Lomax - Shirley Dixon
- Ron Sykes - Bobby Knutt
- Gill Collins - Rachel Ambler
- Mrs Lowther - June Broughton (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- Goldenhurst, Oakfield Drive - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden gets all dressed up for an important interview. There are birthday presents for Brian Tilsley from an unexpected donor and a talking-to from his boss.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,550,000 viewers (1st place).
|October 1982 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|