Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th February 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||4th February 1963|
|Next episode||11th February 1963|
Esther tells Emily that she could get her a job at her firm. Swindley threatens to resign unless Emily is reinstated. The Hewitts visit Lucille's school. Her teacher, Miss Welch, says she is satisfied with her work and accuses the Hewitts of pushing Lucille too much. Frank gets impatient for an answer. Mr Papagopolous agrees to let Emily return for six weeks. If trade has not picked up by then she'll have to go. Esther tells Elsie that she saw Christine at the pictures with Joe Makinson.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- TV Times synopsis: Mr. Swindley prepares to make the supreme sacrifice, while Elsie Tanner receives a severe shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,891,000 homes (1st place).
|February 1963 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|