Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th December 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||8th December 1982|
|Next episode||15th December 1982|
Hilda is thrilled when Eddie returns with Marion. They are reconciled. The factory girls make up denim handbags behind Mike's back for Christmas presents. They make extra ones to give to Sammy Patel to sell on his market stall. Eddie plans to make up the £1,000 by stopping drinking and smoking. Marion is amused by his determination. Blanche invites the Barlows and Albert to spend Christmas with her at the country club. Deirdre is keen but Albert refuses to go. Ivy refuses to have anything to do with the handbags which Vera and Elsie are making. She warns them that Mike will kill them if he finds out.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- TV Times synopsis: Eddie Yeats plans a way to replace his and girlfriend Marion Willis's savings. Ivy Tilsley warns the factory girls of trouble if boss Mike Baldwin discovers they're turning out 'black market' handbags.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,200,000 viewers (3rd place).
|December 1982 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|