|ITV transmission date||27th December 1982 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Producer|| Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||22nd December 1982|
|Next episode||29th December 1982|
Deirdre is touched when Ray Langton sends Tracy a Christmas present. Ken annoys her by saying that Ray should face up to his responsibilities more often. Mavis is cool towards Emily and Victor, especially when Victor tells her that Emily is a wonderful person. Rita advises Mavis to fight for her man. Elsie tells Mike that Maggie has married Harry Redman. He is stunned. He doesn't like the idea of another man bringing his child up. Mavis accuses Emily of monopolising Victor. Emily gets annoyed and tells her that she gave Victor some supper. Annie discovers that Nellie Harvey is throwing a party for her staff and decides to throw one herself. Bet tells Fred that they'll have to buy each other presents. Mavis refuses to drink with Victor. He is flattered by her jealousy. She tells him that he's a rotten writer and she never wants to see him again.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- This episode was transmitted at 6.00pm.
- TV Times synopsis: After the ball is over…trouble breaks out. Elsie Tanner has shock news for Mike Baldwin.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,700,000 viewers (10th place).
|December 1982 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|