Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th January 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||19th January 1983|
|Next episode||26th January 1983|
Deirdre returned home at 1.00am. Ken goes for the job interview and tells Deirdre that he'll take her out for a meal to celebrate afterwards. Mike invites her out for a meal the next day - she agrees. Suzie Birchall hitches a lift to Weatherfield from London and arrives on Gail's doorstep. Eddie reverses the binwagon into Annie's Rover after Fred drives it round the corner of the Rovers. The front of the car is smashed in but no one witnessed the smash. Eddie accuses Fred of driving the car into the van. Annie is horrified that the Rover has been damaged. Fred takes the car to Brian. Brian tells him that it'll cost and he can't start work until the insurance company gives the go-ahead. Ken enjoys the interview and is confident. Brian tells Suzie that she can sleep on their sofa. Gail isn't too sure.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- First appearance of Suzie Birchall since 19th December 1979.
- TV Times synopsis: Why has Suzie Birchall turned up in Weatherfield? What will Annie Walker say when she learns that he beloved Rover car has been in a little local difficulty with a lorry?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,850,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1983 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|