Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th February 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||23rd February 1983|
|Next episode||2nd March 1983|
Mike is annoyed that the Barlows have left for Malta depriving him of the chance to speak to Deirdre. Emily tells him that she's glad. Betty returns to work. Bet worries that Annie will replace her with Suzie. Alf trips on one of Bet's shoes and falls down the stairs. Annie tells the staff that Suzie has to leave as Betty is back. Len rings for a doctor who tells Alf his ankle is sprained. He has to rest up for a few weeks. Marion tells Eddie that she saw Stan going into a cinema in Manchester when he should be working. Alf asks Bet to look after the shop but she refuses as she has to work at the Rovers. Money lender Syd Kippax calls at No.13 and tells a shocked Hilda that Stan owes him £185 and has twenty-four hours to pay up. She breaks down, upset that Stan has resorted to borrowing money. Stan tells her that he hasn't been able to work and spends all his days at the pictures. He is distraught to see Hilda so upset and weeps in frustration.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room/stairs
- Chalkie Whitely uses the phrase to Alf Roberts "You're a white man", which was innocuous in 1983 but which would cause trouble when a similar phrase was used by Paul Kershaw in Episode 8167 (12th July 2013).
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden gets a shock visit and discovers some home truths about husband Stan. Alf Roberts comes a cropper and worries about who will look after the shop.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,850,000 viewers (2nd place).
|February 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Wed 16th • Thu 17th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|