Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd March 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||28th February 1983|
|Next episode||7th March 1983|
Hilda is upset to discover that Stan was frightened of her and borrowed money to give her housekeeping. She is touched when he tells her how he can't climb ladders in the bad weather. Annie makes Bet help Alf out at the shop and takes Suzie back on at the Rovers. Bet is furious. Eddie realises that something is troubling the Ogdens. Stan tells Syd Kippax that he can't repay him at the moment and asks for more time. Eddie finds Kippax at No.13 and throws him out, telling Stan he's stupid to have borrowed money from someone like him. Hilda wants to ask Trevor for the money but Stan refuses to borrow from him or Eddie. Bet gets revenge on Annie for letting her walk in on Alf whilst he's in the nude as he changes his pyjamas in the back room of the shop. Hilda asks Mike to re-employ her at the factory. He refuses as the girls would object. Eddie buys Stan's window round for £185 and tells him that he's now employed. The Ogdens are thrilled.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Annie Walker blackmails one of her own staff into taking over at the corner shop. But who is going to be the replacement at the Rovers? The Ogdens are in another fine mess but Eddie Yeats comes to the rescue.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|March 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|