Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th March 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||2nd March 1983|
|Next episode||9th March 1983|
Bet hates looking after the shop and Alf can't stand the thought of her ruining his trade. Bert gets a letter from work saying that his sick pay is going to halved. He feels that he's never going to get better. Bet tries to get Alf on his feet but he isn't up to moving. She asks Jack to help her to return to the Rovers, promising gratitude. He tells her that he'll pull the "wrong change" number on Suzie. When he sees Suzie he changes his mind and chats her up. Brian worries about Bert's illness. Fred tries to get time off to take Suzie to Stockport but Annie refuses. Jack takes her in his cab, for free. The Council offers Phyllis a flat on Brook Drive. She doesn't like it as it's on the fifth floor. She asks Chalkie if she could move in with him. He refuses, telling her that he has to sell the house as Bob needs the money. Bet is furious to discover that Jack has taken Suzie out instead of helping her.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Will Bet Lynch's plot to manoeuvre Suzie Birchall out of the Rovers bar succeed? Phyllis Pearce tries again to get Chalkie Whitely to share his house with her.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,850,000 viewers (2nd place).
|March 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|