Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th March 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||9th March 1983|
|Next episode||16th March 1983|
Bet returns to the Rovers and the Barlows also return from Malta. Alice Kirby's lodger dies. She suggests that Chalkie moves in with her. Ken assures Deirdre he's forgiven her. They make plans for the future to make a new beginning. Deirdre tells Alf she wants to give up the shop to spend more time with Ken. He persuades her to return until his leg is better. The specialist tells Bert to take things easy. Chalkie tells Phyllis it wouldn't be moral for them to live together but he is also frightened of living with Alice. Bert tells Brian he might have had a mini-stroke. It's a warning that he could have a stroke any time. He doesn't know how to tell Ivy.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- 175a Chapel Yard - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Bert Tilsley gets bad news from the specialist. Will he be able to tell his wife Ivy? Deirdre and Ken Barlow return - to make a fresh start with a new job for Deirdre.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,550,000 viewers (2nd place).
|March 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|