Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th March 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||14th March 1983|
|Next episode||21st March 1983|
Albert tells the Barlows that he can't cope with any more rows and wants them to move out of No.1 so that he can have the rest of his life in peace. Chalkie agrees to move into Alice Kirby's house. Brian gets fed up with coping alone at the garage, as Ron Sykes is never around. Deirdre and Ken both feel that they can't leave Albert alone. Emily says she'd take care of him. She points out that Albert doesn't want them to go - he just wants them to have a happy marriage. She advises them to prove to him that their marriage is stable. Mike calls at the shop whilst Ken is there and tries to be pleasant. Deirdre tells Ken that he'll have to start trusting her again. Bert tells Ivy about his mini-stroke. He tries to convince her everything will be alright, even though he can never work with machinery again. Phyllis hears that Chalkie is moving in with Alice Kirby. She calls him a hypocrite. The Barlows tell Albert they don't want to leave him and convince him that they love each other and he's part of their family. Brian loses customers as he's so busy. He decides to sort Ron out.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 175a Chapel Yard - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Uncle Albert tells Deirdre and Ken to leave his house - but does he really mean it? How will Phyllis Pearce react to Chalkie Whitely's plan to move in with a merry widow?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,650,000 viewers (1st place).
|March 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|