Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th April 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||30th March 1983|
|Next episode||6th April 1983|
Mike gives Len the plumbing contract at the new club. Eddie gets a roll of carpet for Marion's new room. She refuses to have stuff he's found on the bin round. Annie is horrified to hear of the planned disco. Chalkie shows the Cheethams around No.9. Annie, Mavis, Hilda and Emily descend on Ken and ask him to help them fight the disco. They want him to put their case to the Council. He agrees to help all he can. They decide to protest about the noise, cars and people in the Street at night. Ken tells Deirdre his main objection is that it's Mike's venture. Eddie puts a bolt on Marion's door for added privacy. Ken tells Alf to warn Mike that he's going to oppose the disco. Alf refuses to represent the opposition. Phyllis tells Chalkie she doesn't want him to sell the house as if he does Craig will never return. She breaks down.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Front room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow agrees to lead a fight against the disco-wine bar - and faces a battle with arch-enemy Mike Baldwin.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,800,000 viewers (4th place). This somewhat low figure in comparison to surrounding episodes is explained by this edition being transmitted on Easter Monday - a public holiday.
|April 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|