Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th April 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||4th April 1983|
|Next episode||11th April 1983|
Emily starts a petition against the disco. The Cheethams decide they want to buy No.9. Ken annoys Alf by putting a disco protest poster in his shop window. Annie phones Richard Cresswell at the brewery to talk about the disco. Mr Cheetham offers Chalkie £10,500 for the house, including fittings. Chalkie agrees. Annie is furious to discover the brewery is backing the disco; it's going to sell Newton & Ridley beer. She realises her trade is going to suffer. Phyllis meets the Cheethams. She puts them off buying No.9 by telling them about the planned disco. Mike offers Hilda a job as cloakroom attendant so she withdraws her name from the petition against the disco. Mike tells Ken he's going to lose this battle.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Front room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Annie Walker approaches the brewery to raise support against the disco-wine bar, and gets a shock. The buyers for Chalkie Whitely's house hear news that changes their minds.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|