Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th April 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||6th April 1983|
|Next episode||13th April 1983|
Mavis is depressed on her forty-sixth birthday. Victor cheers her up by saying that he'll visit her. Len lends his tools to a keen lad, Roy Valentine, who does jobs for his mother. Victor tells Mavis he's taking her on a camping holiday in the Lakes as a birthday treat. Ken is interviewed by the Gazette, telling them that the Councillors have lost the residents' views. It's obvious he's getting at Alf, accusing him of being more concerned with business profits. Alf is furious to read Ken's interview. He tells him that he'll not stop him supporting the disco. Mavis feels that Victor's tent is very small and worries about the sleeping arrangements. He puts the tent up in her flat. Radio Weatherfield invite Alf and Ken to talk about the disco on air. Mavis and Victor try out the tent for size. Mavis doesn't like the idea of sleeping in the open.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard and office
- TV Times synopsis: It's Mavis Riley's birthday, and Victor Pendlebury organises an unusual event in her flat. Alf Roberts clashes with Ken Barlow about the disco project.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|