Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th May 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||9th May 1983|
|Next episode||16th May 1983|
Suzie looks for a job. Bet and Betty demand compensation from Fred for their ruined clothes. Brian makes the Rover look perfect and makes Fred take it away. Mike hears that Maggie Redman has had his child. Fred refuses to pay Bet and Betty £50. They tell him that they've contacted a solicitor. Ken completes his article for the Weatherfield Recorder. Pamela Mitchell agrees to print it but wants to edit it. Ken worries that she'll make it too bland. Suzie offers to promote the disco for Mike but he doesn't want her. Bet puts on a posh voice and pretends to be a solicitor's secretary to frighten Fred on the phone. He agrees to pay Bet and Betty £7.50 each. Suzie is behind with the rent but can't get a job. When an old friend finds a man through video dating, Bet decides to give it a try.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Community Centre - Office
- Tilsley's Garage
- Final appearance of Peter Adamson as Len Fairclough.
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30pm to allow for coverage of the European Cup Winners' Cup Final.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Fred Gee compensate Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin for their 'sinking'? Suzie Birchall goes job hunting.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,700,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 1983 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|