Ken's article on "Abandoned children" appears in the Weatherfield Recorder. He feels Pamela Mitchell has changed his words and worries that the piece will get him into trouble. Annie puts Suzie onto a job at the "Lord Nelson". The female customers upset Bet by laughing at the idea of video-dating. Hilda worries about her brother Archie Crabtree's health. Bet visits the "Bill & Coo Video Dating Agency" run by Margot Sutcliffe. She views the videos of the agency's men. Alf doesn't like Ken's article and accuses him of having a go at all Councillors now. Bet is startled to find Jack Duckworth on the video, calling himself Vince St. Clair. Suzie gets the job at the Nelson. Hilda is upset as Archie dies of a heart attack. She is now the only one left in her family. Stan comforts her.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Bill & Coo Video Dating Agency - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch gets a shock when she visits a video-dating agency.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,000,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005. The version included was that which aired on Granada Plus satellite channel in 1999, which was shorter than the original version by several minutes.
|May 1983 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|