Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd May 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||18th May 1983|
|Next episode||25th May 1983|
Victor tells Mavis that he's interested in buying a cottage in Saddleworth. He asks her to view it as he wants her opinion. "Carole Munro" arranges to meet "Vince St. Clair". The Ogdens cremate Archie Crabtree. Avril Carter tells them what an awful time she's been having. Victor decides to buy the cottage. Mavis thinks it's beautiful. Hilda has enough of Avril going on about how wonderful Archie was and comments on how she was never around when Archie was ill. Avril tells Hilda the shop is her responsibility now as it was Archie's dying wish that she had it. Hilda swears to get the shop off her.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Cabs
- Archie Crabtree's shop - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Archie's 'fancy woman' gets Hilda's back up at the funeral tea. Victor takes Mavis to see a cottage he is thinking of buying.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,100,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 1983 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|