Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th May 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||25th May 1983|
|Next episode||1st June 1983|
Hilda goes to the Citizen's Advice Bureau for advice. Pamela Mitchell asks Ken to join the Weatherfield Recorder as Agony Uncle for her advice column. Hilda visits a Community Solicitor. Ken takes on the agony column. Deirdre thinks he's not equipped to answer the letters. Mavis wants to be with Victor but only as his wife. She worries that she'll lose him but feels she loves him. She fears this may be her last chance. She refuses to be rushed into a decision. Hilda has to fill in probate forms - the shop will be hers but only in a month's time.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis Riley is in a dither over Victor Pendlebury's proposal of a trial marriage. Hilda Ogden seeks legal advice on her claim to her late brother Archie's chip shop.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,750,000 viewers (3rd place).
|May 1983 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|