Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st June 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||30th May 1983|
|Next episode||6th June 1983|
Rita doesn't know how to tell Mavis that if she moves to Saddleworth she'll have to give up her job as the flat goes with it. Hilda tells Avril Carter she's got no rights to the shop and is trespassing. She gives her a week to get out. Rita tells Mavis she'll have to give up The Kabin if she moves. Ken worries that he won't be able to answer the letters but Pamela Mitchell talks him into doing the Agony Uncle column on a trial basis. Mavis tells Victor that she can't face the idea of living in sin. She tries to talk herself into agreeing. Victor suggests she looks at the cottage again, this time as a future home. Avril shows Hilda a ring and tells her she was Archie's fiancée and were already cohabiting; as his common-law wife she has a larger claim on the shop.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Pamela Mitchell - Prim Cotton
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Avril Carter - Jean Rimmer
- Frank - Patrick McGuigan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Archie Crabtree's shop
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden orders Avril Carter to vacate the chip shop. But Avril claims she was Archie's common-law wife - and intends to stay. Ken Barlow agrees to take the job of Agony Aunt on Pam Mitchell's paper.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,300,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1983 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|