Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th June 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||1st June 1983|
|Next episode||8th June 1983|
Deirdre is embarrassed of No.1 when Pamela Mitchell calls it cosy. Rita advises Mavis to live with Victor as he obviously cares for her. Eddie gets Archie Crabtree's bin men to find out the goings-on at the chip shop. Victor and Mavis view the cottage again. He tries to sell her the idea on the basis of the fresh air and creative neighbours. Deirdre types out Ken's notes for his agony column. They enjoy working together. Mavis is nearly persuaded to move in with Victor until a neighbour calls her "Mrs Pendlebury". Gail enjoys helping Brian at the garage and decides she'd be more help if she could drive. Brian agrees to give her lessons. Eddie tells Hilda that Avril Carter's bin men have never seen Archie at her flat but have seen Frank from the shop leaving the flat in the early hours. Mavis tells Victor she's upset that he passed her off as his wife. She refuses to spend her life lying. Deirdre tells Ken she wants to move.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Pamela Mitchell - Prim Cotton
- Mrs Nickleby - Hope Johnstone (Credited as "Hope Johnson")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Country lanes in Saddleworth
- Victor Pendlebury's cottage - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Victor Pendlebury takes Mavis Riley to his cottage to help make up her mind about his trial marriage proposal. Pam Mitchell's reaction to Albert Tatlock's house makes Deirdre Barlow realise how much she wants a new home.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,050,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1983 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|