Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th June 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||6th June 1983|
|Next episode||13th June 1983|
Mavis thinks that Victor may be thinking of marrying her as he let the neighbour believe they were married. Hilda tells Avril Carter that she knows she wasn't Archie Crabtree's fiancée and that Frank is her lover. Avril tells her she can't prove anything as she's been very discreet. Hilda threatens her with a court case causing Frank to tell Avril he can't risk a court case. He threatens to drop her unless she drops the fight. Avril realises that she is beaten and tells Hilda the shop is hers. Victor leads Mavis on to believe he's going to propose before telling her perhaps they could try the trial marriage just at weekends. He wants to be certain they're right for each other but Mavis refuses. She can't sacrifice her life for no security. The Barlows look at a house on Buxton Close.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Avril Carter - Jean Rimmer
- Frank - Patrick McGuigan
- Woman in Chip Shop - Gwyneth Fleetwood
- Man in Chip Shop - Peter Robinson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Crabtree's Chip Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden steps up the battle with Avril Carter for possession of the chip shop. Mavis Riley finally makes up her mind about Victor Pendlebury's trial marriage proposal.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,150,000 viewers (1st place).
Mavis Riley: "D'you know Emily, sometimes I feel I'm at the back of a huge queue and in front of me all the women are getting good jobs, like... you know, freedom of choice, and equality and all things like that. And it's never going to be my turn."
|June 1983 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|