Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th June 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||15th June 1983|
|Next episode||22nd June 1983|
Hilda decides to spend her inheritance on carpets. Deirdre is depressed at the prospect of living in Albert's museum of a house forever. Ken tells her that they'll move with or without Albert. He tells Albert they'll be moving in two weeks. Albert offers to leave him No.1 in his will but Ken doesn't want to upset Beattie Pearson. Hilda is amazed that a new carpet will cost over £400. Elsie is furious to discover Suzie has been putting shopping on her slate. Suzie gets annoyed when Gail accuses her of being jealous of her family. Suzie tells her about her marriage but Gail refuses to believe it was a marriage as it only lasted three months. Suzie advises her to keep an eye on her precious family in case someone lures Brian away. Albert shocks Ken by telling him that he'll give him No.1 and they can do what they like with it, so long as they stay together.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nick Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Albert Tatlock makes Ken and Deirdre Barlow an offer they can't refuse. Hilda Ogden, anticipating her inheritance from her dead brother, Archie, plans to improve her home.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1983 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|