|ITV transmission date||29th June 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||27th June 1983|
|Next episode||4th July 1983|
Hilda refuses to let Stan eat in order that he can win the diet challenge. Bet puts Alf on a diet. Suzie is certain that Elsie won't throw her out. Elsie tells her she's wrong and she wants her gone. Suzie calls her two-faced. Trevor asks Hilda for a loan of £2,000 as he's overspent on a car and furniture. She tells him she only got £1,500. Stan tells Trevor they wouldn't give him money if they had it. Trevor tells him that he's pathetic as he hasn't got anything. Hilda is upset by their rowing. Suzie begs Elsie to let her stay but Elsie is adamant. Elsie tells her that she knows she was sacked from the Nelson because of her attitude. She meets a Salesman in the Street who's going to Blackburn and gets a lift with him. Stan suggests to Hilda that they send Trevor a few quid but Hilda feels he doesn't deserve any money.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Final appearance of Cheryl Murray as Suzie Birchall.
- TV Times synopsis: What will Elsie do when Suzie refuses to move out of the house?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,650,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1983 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|