Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th July 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||6th July 1983|
|Next episode||13th July 1983|
Chalkie puts £10 on a five-horse accumulator - Big Tom, Good Time Charlie, Blunderbus Two, Black Amber and Funny Phyllis. Councillor Des Foster asks Alf to back him over fighting vandalism at the Red Rec. Bert helps out at Brian's garage but is bored as all he can do is clean up. Bet and Des find each other attractive. Chalkie, Eddie and fellow binman Curly Watts grow excited as Chalkie's horses start to win. Des catches Bet walking around in just a towel at the Corner Shop. She flirts with him. When Funny Phyllis comes in Chalkie celebrates his £3,543.75 win with a hug from Elsie.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Yard
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop and back room
- Tilsley's Garage
- First appearance of Curly Watts.
- TV Times synopsis: Excitement on the dustbin round as Chalkie gambles on a five-horse accumulator. Bet gets to know Des Foster, one of Alf's fellow councillors.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,050,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|