Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th July 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||11th July 1983|
|Next episode||18th July 1983|
Eddie escorts Chalkie to Chadwick's Betting Shop when he collects his £3,543.75 winnings in cash. Eddie fears that he'll be mugged when they are followed back. Chalkie puts the money under his floorboards and buys drinks all round. Brian leaves Bert at the garage whilst he gives Gail a driving lesson. He refuses to just sweep up and tries to blow up a tyre for Brian. Eddie makes Chalkie put his money in the bank. Curly suggests he goes to Australia to visit Bob Whitely. The gas pressure explodes causing the whole garage, with Bert inside, to explode. Brian rushes in to find his dad.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop and back room
- Albert Street
- Tilsley's Garage
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Gail and Brian leave Bert working in the garage and return in time to hear an explosion from inside. Councillor Foster makes a special effort to get to know Bet a bit more.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,250,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|