Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th July 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||13th July 1983|
|Next episode||20th July 1983|
Unconscious Bert is rushed to hospital in an ambulance. Brian goes with him whilst Gail makes a statement to the Police. Gail goes to the factory and breaks the news to Ivy. Mike runs them to hospital. Des Foster asks Bet if he can take her out. She agrees. Bert is put on a life-support machine. He has head and chest injuries. Ivy keeps a bedside vigil. She fears he's going to die. Bet dresses up to go out with Des but he wants to spend the evening in her flat. She admires his nerve. Phyllis hears about Chalkie's win. Alf returns from a Council meeting to find Bet and Des leaving her flat in a state of undress. Alf warns Bet that Des is married but she already knows.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Des Foster - Neil Phillips
- Sister Hopkins - Vivienne Moore
- Policeman - Liam Prendergast
- Ambulanceman - Peter Russell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Albert Street
- Weatherfield General - Exterior, corridor, Intensive Care Unit and ward
- First appearance of Phyllis Pearce since 20th April 1983.
- TV Times synopsis: Bert Tilsley is on the danger list, so wife Ivy keeps a bedside vigil. Chalkie Whitely decides to take a trip to Australia - and Phyllis Pearce hears of his big win.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (1st place).
|July 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|