Bet wants Des Foster as he makes her feel good and exciting. She is upset that she hasn't heard from him since Edith Foster phoned. Hilda receives a begging letter from a Mrs Earnshaw, telling her all about her bad luck. Bert returns home in an ambulance. He seems subdued and vague. When Des asks her out again, Bet hopes that he'll leave his wife. Hilda feels sorry for Mrs Earnshaw. Alf shows his disgust when Des takes Bet out. They laugh at his morals. When Edith arrives at the shop, Alf is forced to cover for him again. Alf tells Bet that if she continues to see Des she must leave the flat.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden gets a begging letter which makes her proud.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,200,000 viewers (1st place).
Bet Lynch: "When you've been kicked around as much as I have an' you find somethin' thats even 'alf way worth clingin' on to believe you me you cling on to it tooth and flamin' claw."
|July 1983 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|