Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th March 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||27th February 1963|
|Next episode||6th March 1963|
Elsie gets depressed on her birthday. She gets cards from Linda, Dennis, Ena and Bill Gregory and a letter from the landlord putting the rent up 10/- a week. Frank and Christine set the date for 4th May. Elsie receives an anonymous present through the post - a marquasite watch. Ken tells Christine she's making the biggest mistake of her life. Lucille reads an old paper of Ena's about a local girl portraying Lady Godiva. Sheila does a dance on one of the Rovers' tables when dared by Jed. Annie threatens to throw her out. Annie is horrified to discover Ena has kept the paper of her exploits as Lady Godiva.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie receives an unexpected gift, and Lucille finds a skeleton in Ena's cupboard.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,432,000 homes (joint 1st place with 6th March 1963).
|March 1963 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|