Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd August 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||1st August 1983|
|Next episode||8th August 1983|
Brian feels useless as he sits and waits for news of Bert. The Duckworths view No.9. Vera and Terry like it although Jack tries to get Terry to side with him. Vera tells Jack to put the £1,000 down as a deposit. Chalkie is dreading flying. When Mike demands that Ivy returns to work she is forced to tell him Bert has disappeared. He tells her that he'll cover for her at work. Jack asks Chalkie if he can rent No.9 off him but Chalkie throws him out. Kitty Earnshaw tells Hilda that her marriage guidance is working. Phyllis tells Hilda that Mrs Earnshaw has been a widow for twenty years. Hilda can't believe she's been taken advantage of and calls Mrs Earnshaw a liar, but Mrs Earnshaw calls her a hypocrite for not caring about people with problems. Vera is horrified to find that Jack tried to get away with renting No.9. She tells Chalkie that she definitely wants it. The police find Bert in a Bristol hospital. The residents wave farewell to Chalkie as he leaves for Australia.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Final appearance of Teddy Turner as Chalkie Whitely.
- Last appearance of Phyllis Pearce until 8th August 1984.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley endures one of the most agonising days of her life. Hilda Ogden realises she's been the victim of a con merchant.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,200,000 viewers (2nd place).
|August 1983 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|