Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th August 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||3rd August 1983|
|Next episode||10th August 1983|
Brian and Ivy go to Bristol to bring Bert back home. Des Foster wants to talk to Bet but she tries to ignore him. He tells her to meet him in a flat. Ken gets a pair of glasses for reading. Brian and Ivy have to leave Bert in Bristol. He was arrested after hanging round a shopping precinct all day. The doctors want to keep him in hospital. He didn't recognise Ivy. Against her better judgment, Bet meets Des at his flat. He tells her that he wants her. She admits she loves him but doesn't want to be hurt. He tells her that he's living at the flat having left Edith and wants Bet to live with him. He tells her that he left Edith because of her.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Nick Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Flat 2, No. 5 Talgarth Avenue - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley hears that husband Bert has been found - and sets off to bring him home. Councillor Foster shows Bet Lynch around a flat and gives her some news about his marriage.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,550,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 1983 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|