Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th September 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||31st August 1983|
|Next episode||7th September 1983|
Jack can't afford to put the Duckworths' furniture in storage so he gets the key to No.9 off the estate agent and puts the furniture in the house. They leave 20 Inkerman Street and move in with Ivy. Don Watkins boasts in the Rovers that he can invite people to the opening night of the Graffiti Club. Fred and the factory girls decide to take him up on his offer. Mike is nervous on the opening night of the club. Hilda starts work at the cloakroom. The factory girls turn up at the club but Watkins refuses to let them in. Vera creates a scene and starts insulting the customers. Eddie raffles a ticket for the club opening. Mavis wins it. Brian finds the garage work too hard. Don has Fred forcefully evicted from the club when he tries to get in.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view, ginnel and yards
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Yard
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Viaduct Street
- Rosamund Street
- Graffiti Club
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- First appearance of Shirley Armitage.
- TV Times synopsis: Two uninvited lodgers descend on Ivy Tilsley. It's the opening night at the Graffiti Club - Mike Baldwin has to face a bunch of gate-crashers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,309,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|