Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th September 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||7th September 1983|
|Next episode||14th September 1983|
The Duckworths move into No.9. Brian hates working a seventy-hour week. Gail feels that they should keep the garage as they're building for the future. Gail gets a driving test cancellation. She thinks that she'll be more help to Brian if she can drive. Brian can't find time to give her a lesson so Fred gives her one in the Rover. She narrowly misses the Duckworths, moving their bar across the Street. Emily offers the Barlows financial help whilst Ken is unemployed. Terry moves into No.9. The Duckworths leave the house in a tip and go to the Rovers. Gail tries to encourage Brian into hanging onto the garage.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Loading bay
- Viaduct Street
- Tilsley's Garage
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: The Duckworths move into Number Nine - but not before clashing with a few of the street's residents. Gail Tilsley tries to dissuade husband Brian from selling the garage.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,920,000 viewers (3rd place).
|September 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|