|ITV transmission date||14th September 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||12th September 1983|
|Next episode||19th September 1983|
Vera is delighted with her Spanish-style decorations on their bar for their themed party. Jack is skint and can't afford any drinks but she tells him that's his problem. Gail makes Brian ask her some Highway Code questions before her test. She gets annoyed when he's unhelpful. Jack tries to cadge credit in the Corner Shop for drinks but Alf refuses. Deirdre suggests he makes it a bring-a-bottle party. Hilda gets a letter saying her inheritence will come through in a few days. Annie advises her not to waste it. Fred tells Hilda about the party and she realises they've not been invited. A nervous Gail sets off for her test. Emily makes Deirdre agree to attend the party. Don Watkins is interested in going when he hears that Deirdre is. Mike reluctantly gives Vera a sub on her wages. Jack fits flashing lights onto the bar. Vera loves them but Terry isn't impressed. A furious Gail fails her driving test on three counts. Brian gloats but Ivy sympathises. An unimpressed Emily and Deirdre are the first guests at the party. The Ogdens gatecrash it without a bottle. Vera wants to throw them out but Jack stops her. Gail and Brian apologise to each other but she isn't pleased when he tells her that he's advertised the garage for sale in the paper. Don dances with Deirdre and Fred plies Rita with drinks. The Ogdens walks out when Vera refuses them more drinks. Mike steps in to save Deirdre from Don's attentions. When Fred argues with Terry about his time in the Paras, Terry dares him to jump off the back wall but in doing so Fred falls backwards into the yard.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- Corner Shop
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Tilsley's Garage
- TV Times synopsis: The Duckworths throw a housewarming party.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,870,000 viewers (1st place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 30th August 1999 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted all of the scene of 50" in Part One where Gail Tilsley sets off from home for her test.
|September 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|