Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st September 1983 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||19th September 1983|
|Next episode||26th September 1983|
Pamela Mitchell tells the Barlows that she's leaving the Weatherfield Recorder and moving to Nottingham. Dennis Lawton offers Brian a price £2,000 lower than the asking price for the garage. Brian thinks it over. Stan asks Hilda to open a joint account so he can draw money out for himself but she refuses. Mike advises Brian to sell everything he owns before selling his business. The Ogdens go to a French restaurant, "La Parisienne". Hilda threatens to strangle Stan if he ruins the evening for her. The menu is in French so they don't know what to order. Pam recommends Ken sees Bob Statham, the Recorder 's owner. The Ogdens end up with melon and sea bass. Hilda is overjoyed when Stan tells her that he wouldn't swap her for any of the other diners. Gail tells Brian that Mike has the right idea - they should sell the house rather than the garage.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Dennis Lawton - Paul Jaynes
- Pam Mitchell - Prim Cotton
- Wine Waiter - Nigel Caliburn
- Waiter - Ashley Townson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Tilsley's Garage
- La Parisienne
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for football coverage except in the region covered by Ulster Television where the transmission time was the usual 7.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: The Ogdens have a posh evening out. Ken Barlow hears from Pam Mitchell that she's leaving the paper, and thinks of applying for her job.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,195,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|