Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th September 1983 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Designer|| Eric Deakins|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||21st September 1983|
|Next episode||28th September 1983|
Ken calls on Bob Statham about replacing Pamela Mitchell on the Weatherfield Recorder. Statham tells him that he wants a partner rather than an employee. Rita and Mavis go on a day trip to Saddleworth for something to do. Ivy rows with the Tilsleys over their plans to sell the house. They accuse her of being too sentimental. Ivy thinks they're spoilt. Mavis and Rita call at Victor's cottage. They are put out when a Mrs Pendlebury answers the door. Mavis is stunned. Ivy tells the Tilsleys that they could sell the house and move in with her, rent free. Ken admits to Deirdre that Statham has asked him to put money into the paper and become its editor. He feels it could be a challenge and a risk as it would take all his redundancy money and their savings.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Main street and waterside paths in Saddleworth
- Victor Pendlebury's cottage - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Fairclough persuades Mavis Riley to visit Victor Pendlebury's cottage. Who is the woman who opens the door? Ivy Tilsley is horrified to learn that son Brian and daughter-in-law Gail are selling their house - and makes them a proposition.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,253,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1983 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|